Funding Assistance for Minor Hockey Registration
If you require any financial assistance for your child or children to play minor hockey this season, please go to these links to get information on how to apply.
- - Children ages 18 and under are eligible to apply for a grant.
- Grants of a maximum of $150 are to be used for the payment of sport participation/registration fees.
- Camps, equipment, lessons, travel to playoffs, fundraising, championships, etc. are not eligible expenses.
- Applications must be received prior to, or at the beginning of the requested season of sport.
- Sport activities must demonstrate a sustained sport experience (a season of sport led by a qualified coach) and the sport activity must be affiliated with the member sport organizations of Sport BC.
- Preference is given to first time applicants.
- Link to KidSport - Greater Vernon
- CANADIAN TIRE JUMPSTART
- Criteria for JumpStart assistance includes the following:
- - Child must be between the ages of 4 and 18.
- - Funding must be for a program involving sport or physical activity.
- - Your family must be in financial need as defined by Government guidelines.
Link to Jumpstart Application Page
- A4K - ATHLETICS FOR KIDS
- Criteria for A4K must meet ONE of the following criteria:
- - Family is receiving social assistance.
- Family net income is equal to or less than $40,000 per year.
- Applicant is receiving social assistance.
- Applicant is in a foster care program.
- Link to A4K
Grindstone Award Foundation
The Grindstone Award Foundation is a charity that enables young female players to participate and improve their skill development in the sport of hockey.
The intent is to provide support to communities across Canada and address the needs of players who have a desire to play, but are unable to for financial reasons.
The Foundation provides grants to female players under the age of nineteen who have expressed a desire to pursue their goals in athletics.
Our selection will be based on financial need and desire, not on hockey ability. It is the Foundation’s intention that all grants will be awarded objectively in accordance with this criteria.
Link to Grindstone Award Foundation Website