The First Shift
NOMHA is hosting The First Shift in January 2022! This is a great introduction to the great sport of hockey!
*The First Shift is open to boys and girls, between the ages of 6 and 10 years old, who have never previously enrolled in minor hockey within Canada.
*Schedule and format subject to change as per facility Covid safety plans.
THE NHL/NHLPA FIRST SHIFT MAKES HOCKEY;
- Manageable (time commitment)
PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION FEE OF $229 INCLUDES:
- BAUER Equipment (Head-to-Toe)
- Welcome Event
- Equipment fitting demonstration
- Expert fit session and equipment distribution
- Program Maximum Capacity: 30 participants, 7 on ice instructors
ON-ICE EXPERIENCE INCLUDING;
- 6 Weeks, 1 session/week, 1 hour on a consistent day and time
- Focus on Fun and Learn to Play
- Insurance for participants
HOCKEY CANADA ON-ICE CURRICULUM
Hockey Canada has created a fun curriculum that focuses on:
- Small areas games and skills stations active
- Wide variety of skating skills, puck handling, passing and shooting exercises
- Discovering the sport through variety of basic motor movement patterns
- Fun games to ensure participants enjoy a full range of hockey experiences
Praise and encouragement will serve as the foundation of the instructor’s approach to working with all participants.
Any questions please contact us at FirstShift@nomha.com.
To Learn more or to register - click here